Monday, March 4, 2013

Cars, Firefighters, and Peeps

This weekend was so much fun. Saturday Gary and I took our 4 kiddos plus 2 of our friends' kids to Midnight at the Oasis. It is a popular car show in our small town. Luckily we went early enough that we were able to park in the lot fairly close to the event. When we got there we loaded the 3 youngest in our single and double strollers and headed out. I took tons of pictures but didn't think about making them blog friendly (I will only post pictures of children with their parents permission).
This is the monster's lets get a move on face.
 My baby was such a happy boy.
K is so beautiful.
J is a goof ball.
J is obsessed with the movie Cars. The first thing he said is "look there's Sarge". Which was then followed by "take a picture of me".
It was really warm so after checking out some of the cars we headed for the ice cream stand. This is I's first cone. His face says it all, he was so excited.
J was pretty excited about the ice cream too. I was pleasantly surprised that what you see on his face was the messiest that any of the 6 got.


On our way back to the car we passed the Fire Station. The guys had just returned from a call and invited the kids in to check out the truck and try on their gear. It warms my heart to see the little ones so in awe of Firefighters.
 
Sunday was spent hanging out at the house and dinner with some good friends. Gary grilled tri-tip, I made salad, potatoes, and ranch beans. BW made some awesome brownies and rice krispies for dessert. They have 4 kids around the same age as mine so all 8 of them ran around having a blast.
 
Today I made another wreath to share with you. I am known for attempting making candy wreaths for the different holidays. This is my third year making the Peeps wreath.
 
Supplies Needed:
Foam wreath (Mine was approx. 15")
Various colored peeps (I used about 25 Peeps of each color)
Wooden toothpicks
Newspaper to work on
 

There are 2 ways to apply the Peeps
You can stick the toothpick in the bottom of the Peep and then stick it in the foam or
my preferred method is to place the toothpick first and then add the Peep.
I actually had K and her friend hand me the Peeps in the correct color pattern to speed things up. The whole project took about 30 minutes.
To hang it I wrapped some ribbon around a gap in the top and tied it in a bow.
Being as that I have done this a few times I have learned to leave the wreath on a flat surface overnight. The marshmallow insides will harden around the toothpick and prevent your peeps from sliding off. 
Also, I keep my wreath inside on a wall to make it last longer. If you want to put it on a door I would spray it with a clear sealer and use hot glue to help adhere the candy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment