Monday, February 18, 2013

My Life Monday

Welcome to the first "My Life Monday", the main reason why I wanted to do this topic is to force myself to create items for my house. We have lived in this house for 2 years and I still do not have anything on the walls. For my first project I decided to make a wreath for my front door. All of the items that I used are ones that were lying around in my workroom.
 
Items Needed:
Blank wreath ( I used a medium sized grapevine one. You could use a smooth foam one if you prefer)
Tan burlap cut into 3-4 inch wide strips
Hot glue gun
Fabric scrapbook flowers
Brads
 (Excuse the red burlap and messy desk in the picture. I forgot to take pictures before I started.)
 
I just wrapped the burlap strips around the wreath; making sure to overlap the edges some. When I ran out of burlap I just glued another strip on and continued going.
 


 
I wanted something St. Patrick's Day but didn't want it too green so I added the tan and brown petals for contrast. If I had more of the petals in my stash I would've added more flowers to give it a fuller look.
 
 
The finished product! (Pretend that my Christmas lights are not leaving a shadow) I really like it for being a quick 15 minute project from design to hanging. I think I will pick up an E when I am in town tonight and add it to the center.
 
 
-Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment