Saturday, October 5, 2013

{Day 5} Quality Time


...just a reminder. I am linking up with The Nester for her 31 Days challenge. If you would like to start at the beginning you can read THIS post here.

As I have said before I have a whole list of things that I want to get completed. Something that is always on my list that often gets pushed aside is quality time with my kids. Since school has started and my work has picked up we have not been able to spend enough time together. Today I went to my friend's Lia Sophia party and as I was walking out the door I told Katrina to put on her shoes and come with me. It was time for some much needed time together.

After a quick stop for something to drink we headed to Allison's. Katrina enjoyed looking and trying on all of the different pieces and pointing out which ones I should buy. She also had fun playing with some of the other kids while I enjoyed the adult time. We ended up staying for almost 6 hours (!)

While it may not seem like a big deal to some, it was a huge deal to her. She got her favorite drink, playtime, and some alone time with Mom. Both of us will be going to bed tonight with smiles on our faces. As my children get older I realize more and more that of all the projects I want to do nothing is more important than making sure that when they look back on their lives they feel like their childhood was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment